Tanbridge Academy offers three-day and five-day programs for our five year olds. Three-day programs run Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. Five-day programs run Monday to Friday from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Our Kindergarten program is designed to develop the foundations of strong literacy, numeracy, social and teamwork skills. We are able to develop these skills in a small class setting. The teaching staff provides all of our students with a safe, caring and dynamic learning environment. Students are exposed to several sports, including swimming, soccer, skating and many more. We also provide a music program.
Students in our Kindergarten program focus on:
- identifying letter sound relationships of all single letters
- recognizing basic sight vocabulary
- reading own printing
- writing and drawing journal entries
- recognizing and printing upper and lower case letters
- reading for pleasure
- reading books with confidence
- classifying and sorting
- identifying and printing numbers from 1-100
- estimating and comparing
- demonstrating an understanding of basic calculations
- sorting, sequencing and matching items
- recognizing and using patterns in a variety of situations
- interpersonal skills
- cooperative learning through activities and play
- speaking in group situations
- variety of fine and large motor skills worked on in daily physical education classes
Our Mission Statement
Through school and sport, Tanbridge Academy fosters passionate leaders by inspiring integrity, perseverance and high expectations.
Be a part ofTanbridge Academy! Register Here!
"I love the friendships! It's a close community with the support of classmates and teachers. I always feel comfortable at school." - Tanbridge Student